“Good-Natured, Intelligent, Devoted…….“American Kennel Club
The Mini American Shepherd ( MAS) is considered a small size herding breed that originated in the United States. They are the small version of the Australian Shepherd.
They have natural or docked bobbed tail. Minis are bright, self-motivated workers and endearingly loyal and lively companion dogs who have an affinity for horses. They have proven to excel at agility, flyball, obedience, therapy work and herding. They are great with children.
Todays Breed Standard
Every Kennel Club has their own breed standard, however they are similar. As our dogs are registered with the American Kennel Club, so we follow their standards. The MAS ranks 34th in popularity of 197 .
- Height – 13-17 inches at the shoulder – females 14-18 inches at the shoulder for males
- Weight – 20-40 pounds
- Life Expectancy – 12-13 years
- Double Coated (longer outer coat and a wooly undercoat.)
- Various colours are accepted, including black, blue merle, red, red merle
Full Breed Standards:
- AKC: https://images.akc.org/pdf/breeds/standards/MiniatureAmericanShepherd.pdf
- CKC: https://www.ckc.ca/CanadianKennelClub/media/Breed-Standards/Group%207/Miniature-American-Shepherd.pdf